Omah Dhuwur: A Perfect Place to Enjoy Traditionally Modern Food in Kotagede, Yogyakarta

Hi! I guess I'm back! I wanna give you some reviews about a place I had lunch in today. So I was going to Kotagede and I found this restaurant near some silver souvenir shops. Yeah, Yogyakarta is also famous for its silver crafts. If you go to Yogyakarta, make sure that you have Kotagede in your list because you'll find Yogyakarta's historical place in Kotagede. 

So this place is called Omah Dhuwur, Omah means house and Dhuwur means big or huge, so it basically means a huge house. This place is interesting because you can taste many delicious meals indoor or outdoor. If you wanna have some fresh air then I highly recommend you to have a seat outdoor. But if you wanna have some quiet private lunch or dinner then you have to pick indoor. The building is a also very historic, it has a traditional Java ornaments. It's officially one of cultural heritages in Yogyakarta. Isn't that great?

The aisle to enter outdoor area

The garden in outdoor area

The balcony of outdoor area

So the meals I tasted was Ayam Goreng Sere and Sop Buntut Ala Omah Dhuwur. Ayam Goreng Sere is a fried chicken with some tasty crunchy and two kinds of sauce, the one is red chilli sauce and the other one is green chili sauce but I prefer the red chilli sauce because it's more spicy. The chicken was seasoned with lemongrass and it's tasty but what I love most was its crunchy! Sop Buntut Ala Omah Dhuwur is a fresh oxtail soup and its meat was really juicy and soft!

Ayam Goreng Sere 

Sop Buntut Ala Omah Dhuwur 

The drinks I ordered was Traditional Java Punch and Traditional Ice Lombok. So Traditional Java Punch is a combination some Java traditional herbs like ginger, turmeric and tamarind and it's really fresh and healthy! Before I explain about Traditional Ice Lombok, you need to know that Lombok means chili, so can you imagine how can you drink a chili?! That's what I thought right after I saw there's a real chili in my drink lol. But I tell you that it wasn't spicy, it's spicy but not spicy, how can I explain that? It's basically a combination of CHILI, lemongrass, cinnamon and BLACK PEPPER. So it's pretty like you drink a ginger but it's not a ginger and I really like it!

Traditional Ice Lombok (left side) and Traditional Java Punch (right side)
Here are the other menu that you can choose!










I told you that there's an outdoor here but it's not just a garden but there's also a joglo, traditional Javanese house that can be used for a wedding, meeting, event or whatever you want. There's also some meeting rooms indoor if you wanna have a private talk. What I also like is there's also a merchandise shop inside the restaurant so if you're confused where to buy a merchandise, you can have a lunch and buy some merchandise there. Isn't it awesome?! So if you go to Yogyakarta, make sure to visit Kotagede and have a pretty great lunch here! 

The Joglo

The meeting room

Another meeting room with Javanese ornaments 

Merchandise shop

Comments

Popular Posts