MALANG'S TRANSPORTATION TIPS


Hi guys! So I've been in Malang this week and I wanna share you some really simple tricks to choose a better transportation for you when you're in Malang. So I went to Malang from Yogyakarta and I choosed to went to Surabaya first before going to Malang. Why? Because the train ticket was so much cheaper from Yogyakarta to Surabaya than from Yogyakarta to Malang, the difference was about 100.000 rupiahs!! Beside, I could explore Surabaya first or at least I could feel being in Surabaya (that pretty meant something for me 😂). So I guess it's really cheaper and efficient if you stay in Surabaya first or if you wanna directly go to Malang after arriving at Surabaya that's totally fine!

This is Kampung Warna Warni in Jodipan, it's located near Malang train station, so you can take a walk from train station to there

From Surabaya to Malang, you can choose two alternatives of transportation. First, you can go by a bus with its price 14.000 rupiahs from Purabaya/Burungasih bus station in Surabaya to Arjosari bus station in Malang. But that price is for economic class or it's named 'tarif biasa'. If you choose a higher class named 'patas', its price can be about 20.000-25.000 rupiahs. I think 'tarif biasa' is enough because it still use air conditioner but the difference is 'tarif biasa'can be more crowded until some passengers have to stand.

The second choice is by train but you have to buy tickets long before that day because it can be full if you buy it that day or a day before. Because in my case, I asked for the day after's local train tickets and the rest tickets were only 8! So I used bus and buy trains ticket for 2 days later. The cheap train is local train and it's only 12.000 rupiahs from Surabaya to Malang. Actually, there are also other trains but the price is more expensive, 45.000 rupiahs but you can buy it from travel apps like Traveloka, Tiket Com or Pegi Pegi and I don't recommend you this!

Of course you wanna go to Batu after you're in Malang right? The alternatives of transportation are also three, first by bus called Bagong, second by public transportation called angkot with the purple or pink one, and third by apps like Grab or Go Jek. I wanted to go by angkot but I was too noon and there's no angkot left to go so I went by a very crowded bus and I stood all the way from Malang to Batu. The price for bus is 7.000 rupiahs and for angkot is 4.000 rupiahs, both of it can be founded in Landungsari bus station. Angkot from Arjosari will have A on its acronym, like AJG and angkot to Landungsari will have L on its acronym. If you're with your friends, I recommend you to go by apps because it's more simple and cheaper because you need one more angkot to go to Landungsari bus station from Malang trains station or Arjosari bus station. After arriving at Batu, you'll also need another angkot if you went by angkot or if you wanna go to place that isn't in a bus track. So it'll be more simple and efficient if you go by apps because from Malang to Batu by apps can be about 60.000-70.000 rupiahs and if you're with your 3 friends than it'll be about 15.000-20.000 rupiahs per person. Ooor you can take angkot and bus or angkot than angkot again with 12.000-15.000 rupiahs but it won't be efficient I think.

If you wanna go anywhere in Malang or Batu, you can choose angkot or apps as your transportation. If you wanna choose angkot, you have to find out or ask angkot's track first and you can compare that with apps. If angkot is cheaper then choose it but I think apps is really more efficient anytime anywhere but not if the distance is short because how long your distance, you just have to pay 4.000 rupiahs for angkot. If you wanna go to waterfall, that's pretty far from Batu and you can go there by bus called Bagong or  by apps. But I recommend you to rent a motorcycle or car or you can go by apps because the location is far from the highway where bus passes and you need  to go to the location of waterfall by ojek which is pretty expensive. One more thing, apps transportations in Malang and Batu are still difficult to pick you in public transportation's track so you have to go somewhere safe to get that apps. Well that's all I can share, hope it'll help you!

Comments

Popular Posts